Long time no blog post!
I don't really have much of an excuse other than I have been working pretty much every day since summer started, and ergo, have not had much time to read, review, or even write, books. Or even summer properly.
What's happened since the last time I had a chance to sit down and spill all my secrets? Hm...
- I got a job! Which sucked so bad I've also quit after over three months of suffering. It took up SO MUCH of my time (literally worked 5 days a week and sometimes more). Either I'll be on the hunt for a new one, an internship, or I'll just take it easy since my second year of university is starting soon.
- I've also been in a relationship for just over 5 months when this post is going up, and I won't be saying much more than that, but feel freak to stalk my personal Instagram (@helloxsarahx) if you're into saccharine posts once in a while (shameless self-promo LOL).
- I HOSTED MY FIRST BOOK EVENT HOLY COW!!! I think I'll dedicate a whole post about this (even though it happened in March aka a very long time ago), but basically, Christina June, author of IT STARTED WITH GOODBYE, EVERYWHERE YOU WANT TO BE, and THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, reached out to me to host a book panel at Read It Again, an indie bookstore in Georgia. The other authors on the panel were Alison Gervais, author of IN 27 DAYS and THE SILENCE BETWEEN US, Heather MacLean, author of TOWARD A SECRET SKY, and McCall Hoyle, author of THE THING WITH FEATHERS and MEET THE SKY.
- I finished my first year of university! Officially a sophomore. And I'm proud to say I managed to make the dean's list for both semesters despite my capricious mental health.
- I just wrapped up an exciting sensitivity reading job, but that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
- I'm going to make an effort to be better about writing consistently, updating this blog, and maybe...starting up my BookTube again because I've got some great ideas. There might be corresponding videos and blog posts, but not all videos might have a blog post and vice versa.
That's all for now, and hopefully it won't be as long before my next post.